Today’s post is a bit on the shorter side. I would like to share with you some tips that I personally use with my finances. Of course there are tons and tons more out there, but these are the ones that have worked for me so far. By all means this is not a full list, it’s just a handful of things. They may not work for everyone, but the more we share about our experience, the more others can grow, right? Anyway, on to the list.
- Start with an emergency fund – You never know what curveballs life may throw at you. It is good to be prepared for whatever may come your way. (You can read my previous post on the emergency fund)
- Get and stay organized – I believe that when it comes to finances, organization is key. No matter what stage you are at paying off debt or building wealth, having your finances in order can help tremendously. (I also posted about finance organization)
- Find a system that works for you – If you are working on debt payoff or working to get things in order, chances are you will be more successful when you have a system that works for you. Not all methods are best for everyone. Try them out, do some tweaking and once you find the best method for you, stick to it.
- Pay attention – This one may seem obvious, but I have talked to many people who do not know what is going on with their finances. By simply paying more attention to bills, accounts and even just the world around you, you can make better decisions about your money.
- Don’t fall for gimmicks – This tip is tied to the previous one. By paying attention and knowing how financial products and offers work, you can avoid the gazillion ads out there that offer the world, but only deliver disappointment and frustration later. Avoiding these gimmicks, you will be able to stay on your path to your financial goals.
Do you have some tips of your own? Sharing is caring. Please comment below with some tips that have helped you along the way. On the other hand, you can also share some tips that did not work out so well.
Also, if you enjoyed this post, or any of the posts here, please follow me by entering your email address at the top right of my site. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter @defeatingnormal or you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for visiting.